My very good friend Jaime and her husband, Mike, welcomed a beautiful baby boy, Tyler Dylan Ellsworth on Friday October 17th.
Today, Tyler is having trouble keeping his body temperature up and has been flown to the NICU in Peoria for advanced care. Please keep Jaime, Mike and Tyler in your thoughts.
*Update 10/23*
I spoke with Jaime yesterday, she and Mike are hanging in there. Tyler has been down graded to the intermediate ICU, but it still sounds like he is having difficulty keeping his temp up, as of last night his vitals were still good. The Doc's have a million different theories for what is going on. The two I remember are that he may have an infection (I don't know what kind) or that he has a fatty acid deficiency (I think that's what she said). Please continue to keep all 3 of them in your thoughts.
*Update 10/24*
Tyler's blood test have come back negative for infections, so that's great. At this point the docs just believe he didn't have enough fat (he can borrow some of mine) to keep his body temp up. It sounds like he will be in the hospital for the next 6-10 days just to keep an eye on him and fatten him up. This is the best outcome possible!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
OH NO!!! Let her know we are thinking of them.
Post a Comment