Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Fall down, go boom
Emma lost her balance Monday morning and took a header into the corner of the kitchen table leg. She started crying right away so I picked her up and the bump on her head I could see it getting bigger and filling with blood. It was blue/purple and really ugly. I called Andrew and told him what happened. When I was describing the haematoma I was laughing because Emma looked so weird with this purple "boob" on her forehead. Andrew suggested I take Emma to the ER just to have her checked out. They were great there and got us in within 15 min and we were out of there in probably 30 min! Talk about service! The Doc pretty much said that as long as she didn't vomit, cried appropriately and was acting normal there wasn't any reason for concern. Note to self for next time! These pictures really don't give the boo boo justice, and it looked much worse just after the incident occurred. Her head is healing nicely and other than the few seconds she cried after it first happened, she doesn't seem to be bothered by it at all.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I want those eyelashes even if I have to have the boo boo, too!
Give my girl some Gaia kisses to make it all better!
The boo boo is sad but my God, look at those lashes! I'm so jealous!
Post a Comment