Thursday, October 20, 2011

It's a problem and it's called Pintrest and it's serious

One of my coworkers introduced me to Pintrest several months ago.

I took a quick look at it, thought it was cute and then promptly forgot about it.

Then she was talking to me about it again about a week ago and that my friends is when the sickness began.

"Hi, my name is Alyssa and I'm addicted to Pintrest and crafting, thanks for coming today."

In one short week my addiction has completely gotten out of control.  I'm a crafting freak and the ideas on Pintrest are always new and exciting and changing and they have stuff for Christmas and Thanksgiving and Halloween and New Years and sewing projects and food recipes and clothing ideas and home decor, and funny sayings and oh my god I'm in love (and there's even more than that too), almost like the same kinda love that you have for your husband and child....it's intense man.

So without further ado, my projects folks.  And just remember one week, 7 short days filled with preschool and 40 hours of work and food preparation and bill paying and cleaning and showering and toothbrushing and all that other silly stuff.  Oh yeah, and I hemmed a Snow White costume, I'm not bragging or anything but I was pretty impressed with myself, I'm not gonna lie.

Black beans with fake flowers that I spray painted black and a little Halloween ribbon

I love this fall hurricane, so easy, dried split peas, red beans and popcorn

I can't wait to give this as a gift.  I started this a 9pm on Saturday and finished it by midnight.  I haven't sewn in 4 years and I really didn't know what I was doing but the tutorial I followed was awesome!

Obviously another gift and super easy as well.  The lining is vinyl, I think that's neat.

5 comments:

Our family said...

Sweet...I will take one :)

I too have seen some pretty cute stuff but unlike you, I have not had the motivation to do them!

Hobie88903 said...

What talent!!!!...must be from your Mother!

Our family said...

Super cute zipper pouches!

Anonymous said...

Craft on with your bad self!

geeks said...

that coworker who introduced you to pinterest must be awesome! they crafts and pictures look great