Tuesday, October 11, 2011

First Day of Preschool 2011

Emma  started her first day of school ever on September 6th, 2011, just one day before her 4th birthday.  She was more than ready to start school.  Emma goes to preschool at the YMCA that is about 3 minutes from our house, which is sooo nice.  She goes to school on Tuesday's and Thursday's from 9:00am-11:15am and loves every minute of it.  Her teachers are Mrs. Poss and Mrs. Blazejack and there are about 20 kids in her class.  I'd say it's a good mix of both boys and girls. 

Brushing her teeth for the big day!

Eating breakfast...getting excited!

My preschooler!

Showing off the Strawberry Shortcake book bag

Walking with Daddy

I'm so excited for her!

It was a madhouse there!  So we were waiting in the hall before they opened the classroom

Washing her hands

Signing in.  Emma was pretty much the only kid that I saw that could actually write her whole name. 

At the end of the day, giving it a big thumbs up!
Emma had a great day at preschool.  When we were getting ready to leave to go home she said that she was scared but that it was better than she thought it was going to be.  This really surprised me because she didn't seem scared at all.  I was also surprised that I didn't cry or tear up.  I think it's because I'm just so excited for her and she was more than ready to do this.  If she had to go to school a year ago, I think I would have felt a little differently.  I'm so proud of my big girl!

2 comments:

Our family said...

She looks like a pro! Can't believe she is old enough for preschool :)

CnR NRQCC said...

Wow! Preschool is so much fun! But you are better than I am... I cry every year!! We are on year 4 of 6 in a row. I don't think it gets easier. She looks so grown up!