Friday, October 7, 2011

Happy 4th Birthday Baby Girl

Ok so maybe her birthday was a month ago (exactly), and maybe I'm just a smidgen behind in life.  But I've always had the philosophy "better late than never", and I'm stickin' to it!
Happy birthday Emma!  I still can't believe that 4 years ago this beautiful girl took her first breath and took mine away.  I'm so lucky to be her mother and I tell her that all the time.

So for Emma's birthday I got the bright idea to go rollerskating.  Andrew had to work, but my parents were here, so the 4 of us headed over to the rollerskating rink.  I haven't been skating since I was in high school and it's probably been twice that long since my parents have been and of course Emma hasn't ever been either.  I think I thought it was going to be much easier for her to learn than it was, but they gave us this nifty "walker" think for her to use (Gaia used one too) and she did pretty well with it.  I didn't fall at all, and neither did my mom.  Emma took a few small spills, but she was going to slow and she's pretty close to the ground that it wasn't that bad.  But my Dad, oh Dad, he had some good spills.  Let's just say they will go down in history along with skiing into the side of the mountain and the other time when he gave himself a black eye.  Poor Dad.

Getting ready




Practicing on the carpet

Yay!!! She's doing it!!

Gaia and her "walker"

Me and my Puss

By the end Emma was pooped!  She was crying and begging to leave.  We only stayed for about and hour and a half, but that was enough for her.  We left and headed to go have lunch with Daddy at Ugly  Dogs, our local hot dog stand and one of Emma's favorite places to eat.  Lunch was delicious and Ugly Man (the owner) gave her an extra special treat for dessert.  When we got home Emma was so crabby that I had her go take and rest.  I didn't expect her to fall asleep (since she doesn't nap) but she did!  And she took a 2 1/2 hour nap.  I couldn't believe it!  Guess the rollerskating really wore her out.

After her nap and when Daddy got home, we decided to open the presents from us and my parents.


With her "loot" and 4 fingers

Her new cowgirl boots!

Dinner at the restaurant of her choice.....Chipotle

Dinner with her new doll, Jessica Anne



Dessert at OBD....yum!


No comments: