I had an awesome time in FL with my parents. It was great to see them, catch up and see what they have done to the house since they are permanent residents. Of course my visit was too short, but they will be up here in about a week.
While I was gone Andrew was very busy working on the house. Here's what's going on:
-The kitchen cabinets have been completely installed, as well as most of the appliances.
-The only appliance that is not at the house yet is the double oven and that's because it's really heavy and Andrew and I can't lift it together.
-The railing for the stairs was installed along with all the interior doors and cabinets for the bathrooms.
-Andrew has been steadily hanging light fixtures in the bathrooms, dining room and kitchen. They all look very nice and I'm pleased with what we picked out.
-We picked out 3 hanging lights to go over the island in the kitchen and they look amazing! However, right now there are only two installed and I think we are going to return the third one, because we really don't need it.
-Andrew installed and grouted tile in the master bath, 2nd bath and laundry room.
-We had all the cabinets measured for counter tops last week and they should be ready to be installed by the end of this week. We chose quarts (looks like granite) for the kitchen and butler's nook and Corion for the laundry room and bathrooms.
-The cabinets for the butler's nook arrived but there should have been two and only one was shipped. The 2nd cabinet should be here today or tomorrow.
-Andrew surprised me by having the fireplace completed when I arrived home. The stone work looks amazing (as you can see in the picture)and we are both very happy we chose the larger fire box.
-Andrew installed the first of three of the garage door openers. It's very quiet and nice to not have to worry about keys anymore.
-Yesterday I started working on filling nail holes in the trim around the house. It's very tedious, but coming along. We are planning on painting this weekend so everything needs to be prepped and ready to go
I think I've covered all the new stuff we(Andrew)have completed recently. Tomorrow we have our ultrasound for the baby and we get to find out its gender (hopefully!) I'll post those pictures once I get them scanned.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Andrew is amazing! How did he get all that work done while you were gone? Oh, yeah, you were gone. What a happy day it will be when you move in permanently!
Love, Momma
Post a Comment