When Emma was little it was easier to just leave the door open. She could see me, I could see her, everyone was happy. Now that she's gotten older, I'm sure she could handle the separation, but I'll have to be honest, I've just gotten lazy.
Fast forward to last weekend when Emma had to go potty while at the neighbor's house.
Rilee's mom said, "Emma shut the door".
Emma's response "We don't do that at home".
I love how honest kids are. No filter what-so-ever. So she peed at the neighbor's house with the door standing wide open. Sweet.
When Rilee's mom told me about the story, I'll admit I was a little embarrassed and was left wondering how I failed to teach my child about modesty. Thank God she's only 3, 21 and we could have had some major problems on our hands.
So, Monday morning Emma and I are sitting chatting and I mention "hey we need to close the bathroom door when we go potty, especially when we're at other people's houses", "ok, mom".
Later we are getting ready to leave to run some errands, and I tell Emma to go potty before we leave. She goes into the bathroom and gives me this shit-eating grin and does this...
Man! She's a fast learner!

1 comment:
OK. Enough already. You just stop that growing up right this minute, Miss E!
Love,
Gaia
Post a Comment