Saturday, April 9, 2011

Lovely Saturday

Finally!  It's a beautiful day and it's Saturday.

The morning started off with thunderstorms at 6:30am and my alarm clocking going off.  I know, you're shocked.  I was too.  But the alarm was well worth it since I was meeting my very good friend Jill for our semi-annual children's clothing resale.  We chatted, while we waited in line.  45 minutes early and about 150 people ahead of us.  I swear the people at the front of the line had a tent, sleeping bags, coolers, the whole she-bang.  I'm hard-core and willing to throw some 'bows to get a deal, but waking up at 4am; that's where I draw the line.  We were both successful and got plenty of new-to-us things for our kids, without breaking the bank.  Awesome. 


This is what Emma wore all day.  Guess it was a good purchase.  Fashionable?  Not so much.

 
Next,  Andrew had to roll the yard since it had just rained. 



Emma and I checked out our rhubarb in the garden.  It's looking pretty good.  I can't wait to see what it's going to do this year.  Yesterday she told me that we have rhubarb and lettuce growing in our garden.  No Emma that's not lettuce, it's weeds.



Sweet outfit.  You're jealous, I know.



I decided to clean his car.  It was nas-ty!  I'm not sure how he manages to drag in 1/2 an inch of gravel on the floor, but he does.  Plus, the poor thing hadn't been cleaned in 6 months or more.  I'm pretty sure she was pissed at us.



Meanwhile, Emma saw her neighbor friend, Rilee, and she was off!  The two were inseparable all.day.long.  They were here, they were there, they were upstairs, they were downstairs, they were inside, they were outside, they were everywhere.  But she had fun...that is until Rilee had to leave 6 hours later.  And then it started.  Tears and more tears and fits and more fits.  The poor girl was exhausted.  I managed to get some food in her quickly, with only minor tears.  Then off to the shower with some more tears and more fit throwing.  Then into bed at 6:30.  I love Rilee. 

I love to see them playing. 

Kids are awesome. 

I could do without the fits though.

I get out of the shower and see this


Nice farmer's tan.  Sweet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy schnikies, you went blog crazy! Thanks for all the updates and photos. Since I hadn't seen a posting since January, I thought maybe your keyboard skills had disappeared, regardless of the fact you do it at work every day! Nice to have you back!

Hobie88903 said...

WOW!!! Sounds like an awesome day...I just can't believe the cherub Ms E would throw a fit...where would those genes possibly come from??

Hope you enjoyed your margaritas at the end of day!

Love,

Gp Al