Thursday, September 6, 2007

At the hospital.....

Momma to be, just relaxing
Daddy to be emailing and texting

It's 5:25 pm on Thursday September 6th, 2007 and we are at the hospital to be induced. At 1pm today we had an appointment with the high risk doctor to determine when I should be induced. We had a pretty good feeling that he was going to say Friday, after my last regular OB appointment on Tuesday. When the nurse checked my blood pressure today it was 140/96, which is pretty high. The high risk doctor said that with the combined BP issue and the baby being on the small side, that we should go ahead and send me to the hospital today and begin the induction process. Needless to say Andrew and I were expecting tomorrow but not today, so we are a lotta bit surprised! We went home, got our stuff packed and did a few last minute things around the house. Then went for our last dinner out as a twosome at.....Taco Bell. Classy, I know. So far, I've just been hooked up to the monitors and that's about it. The nurse just came in, but they are getting ready to do shift change at 6:30 so we will have a different nurse for the rest of the night. We'll keep you posted.

3 comments:

Our family said...

OK, I can't believe you already have a post but worse than that is that I was actually checking to see if you did:) You look great! Good luck! Pretty soon you will be a mommy, the best gift of all!

Jim & Sue said...

Alyssa looks wonderful and so relaxed. Andrew you look great too! You will all be on our minds and hearts as the hours pass. Hope you have a restful night. Keep in touch tomorrow. Can't wait to get home to see all three
of you. We love you. Mom and Dad

Jeremiah said...

We are so excited for you!
She just cant wait until my b-day. Oh well. Alyssa you look Beatufil. Koa says HI. Hes actually waving hi.
Take care
Cant wait to see more photo's.
Love you all lots
Koa, Jeremiah and Courtnie