Saturday, June 30, 2007

CAUTION: Lots of baby talk

Andrew putting dresser together
The Dresser
Frankie supervising
Me helping
The new stroller/car seat


Well there has been more crib drama, I guess it's kind of to be expected when you buy furniture on the internet. The original place we bought the crib at forgot to tell me that they no longer had anymore cribs in stock and that they would just be refunding my money. I found this out when I called them to confirm that they were going to ship me a new crib. This is a little bit of a problem because we have already received and put together the 2 matching dressers. Immediately I jumped on the internet and found two other places that have the crib in stock and the price was just about the same. So I ordered the crib and it arrived this past Thursday in much better shape! I have gone through all the pieces and I think this one is a keeper! So, we finally have the completed baby furniture set we originally ordered.

At the same time we are waiting on getting the bedding we ordered from JC Penney's. The bedding was supposed to be shipped from the factory and said it had a expected ship date of June 29th. I ordered it 2 almost 3 weeks ago and of course in that time period my curiosity was peaked and I had to see if I could find the bedding anywhere else. I found a website that has the same bedding set but it comes in a 6 piece set instead of a 4 piece set (like the one from JCP) and it cost the same amount! Plus they had some other really cute accessories like a light switch cover that I really wanted. However, for some reason (must be the hormones) I was willing to give JCP a chance to get me my delivery in a timely fashion. So I waited until the 29th and when the status of my order hadn't changed I called them to see when it would be sent and they told me the 3rd of July. At this point I'm like screw this, it costs more and the new website says they can have it shipped out on the 2nd (I know it's only a day....but damn it it's a day!). So I cancelled the JCP order and placed my new order to be shipped out on the 2nd! Plus I'm getting the 6 piece set (fitted sheet, comforter, bumper, bed skirt, valance and diaper holder) AND a 2nd valance AND a light switch cover AND a really cute matching fleece blanket all for the price of a 4 piece set and extra valance from JCP! I love it when a great deal comes together!

Last weekend we also went and got our travel system for the baby. My parents wanted to buy us a car seat/stroller combo and the one we wanted was on sale! So we went to Babies R Us and picked up the travel system and a 2nd car seat base for the other car. We thought that originally Babies R Us didn't have the extra bases in stock so we were going to have to buy one online. As we were about ready to leave I spotted a shelf with 3 bases on it. We were both really excited to have found the extra base (guess it's the little things in life). The minute we got home Andrew was putting together the stroller and had it all put together in less than 10 minutes. Good thing I've got him around because I'm still trying to figure out the instructions!

Andrew is gone this weekend on a boys trip to Wisconsin with my brother and a bunch of his friends. I went over to Kristy's last night and hung out with her and a bunch of her friends. It was nice to hang out with the girls for a night, and we had some pretty good food too! Today, I'm just hanging around enjoying having the house and Frank to myself (even though I miss my boy).

This past Tuesday I did have to take my 1hr glucose test to see if I have gestational diabetes. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. I had to drink this orange stuff that is super sweet and tastes kind of like orange drink from McDonald's. I haven't heard anything back about the results, so I'm hoping that that's a good thing. I have my next ultrasound to check the baby's growth on Thursday, so I'm excited about that. It's always fun to see that baby!

Now that I look back on my week, I guess it was a busy one! I'm looking forward to this next week when I get to see Andrew on the 4th and then I have a 3 day weekend!

1 comment:

Hobie88903 said...

Other exciting and event filled week for the parents to be...

Granpa Al had the Ms. _____ boat out for a spin this week, so we are ready for future "Grandchild spoiling week".

I will have to change some of the decals on the minifish to pink or some other feminine appropriate color. I'll be consulting Payton to select a color scheme that is acceptable to both Grandsailors.

I can hardly wait!

Granpa Al