Tuesday, June 19, 2007

News


24 Weeks
Frank's new resting spot


Today I had my 25 week doctor's appointment and everything went good. My blood pressure is perfect and the baby's heartbeat was 152 (which is also great). The doctor is very happy with how things are progressing and she said it would be nice for me to stay on this course. I have another ultrasound in 2 weeks and then a check up the following week. Next week I have to do the 1hr glucose test, to check for gestational diabetes. Other than that I feel great and I can't believe that I'm almost done with my second trimester (#3 starts on July 1st!). This past weekend we ordered our baby furniture and bedding. The furniture has shipped and should be here later this week or so. I'm guessing the bedding will be about 2-3 weeks out. We also got out to Babies R Us and started our registry. It was a bit overwhelming, but I think we did a pretty good job. After registering we rewarded ourselves with dinner at Front Street, our favorite mexican place! We did decide to start telling people what the baby is, and it's a GIRL! The bedding that we bought is pretty obvious, so we figured that we couldn't hide it for much longer. Although we don't get to have the first grandchild, we do get to have the first grand-daughter for both sides.

The house is moving along slowly. The gutters have been installed and the yard has been graded, so we don't have two huge piles of dirt in our yard anymore. Our air conditioning has been installed, and just in time for several 90 degree plus days. We are slowly working toward our occupancy permit, and hope to have it by mid July.

5 comments:

Our family said...

Glad to hear things went well at your doctor's appointment. I love the updates:)

Jeremiah said...

We knew it was a girl. I am so happy for you guys. We miss you all so much. Koa has surgery on thursday for his herinas. And Yes Andrew Jeremiah and I will be trying to update the blog.
Love you lots
Koa,Jeremiah and Courtnie

Anonymous said...

Gaia rocks! Three for three on the acurate predictions. She loves that little AmberLeeShaneequaShanana. Can't wait to play with her and sing her my "I LOVE YOU" song.

Hobie88903 said...

We are so excited about grandchild #2.

Yes, a GIRL!!!

Can't wait to teach her sailing, skiing and all sorts of wonderful adventures!

Granpa Al

CnR NRQCC said...

Happy Anniversary, guys! I remember b/c my b-day is the same day (yep, 25). Your belly is so cute!! So glad to hear all is well.