Wednesday, April 25, 2007

A Solution on the Horizon


I didn't say this before, but we did determine that the fenders were creating the problem and if it wasn't for them sticking out 2 inches from the tires, the boat would fit. My solution was we would just take the fenders off each time we had to take the boat in and out of the garage and Andrew's solution was to just buy new smaller fenders. So Andrew went back the following day to check out the fenders (and I went to work, booo). He determined that they could be adjusted so that the edge of the fender was flush with the edge of the tire. Hurray! This was going to fix our problem. After I got off work, I met Andrew at the house and we pulled out the good 'ole tape measure and voila it was a miracle! The boat width is now 1 and 1/2 inches smaller than the garage door opening. Our next feat is going to be getting the boat into the garage. We haven't attempted that yet, 1) Because we would like our marriage to last a few more days and 2) Because they are still drywalling.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Once again, the A-Team functions at its highest level to make things happen for the best! This is good practice for future dealings with all those little Chudzicks!
Love from Seminole!