Saturday, May 15, 2010

Gardening

For the first time ever, we have started a garden.  It has been something that I've wanted to do for quite some time, but hadn't ever really gotten around to it.  There always seemed to be other yard stuff we needed/wanted to get done.  We all LOVE tomatoes and home grown tomatoes are the best so we planted 3 regular tomato plants and 3 cherry tomato plants along with green peppers, jalapenos and rhubarb.  I didn't want to make the garden plot too big in case we didn't enjoy doing it, so I did have to rein Andrew in on that a little bit.  I'm sure he would have made the thing a quarter acre if it was up to him :)  I wanted to get everything planted before we went to Florida, but that ended up backfiring since we ended up having a frost while we were gone and it killed almost all our tomato plants :(  Fortunately they were REALLY cheap at Menards, so I didn't feel too bad about it. 
Tiling the soil
Emma supervising with a snack
Everything planted and ready to grow
Cherry toms!

2 comments:

Hobie88903 said...

A "freeze"??? What is that??? In May???

Miss Ms. E and pool time.

Gp Al

CnR NRQCC said...

Yay! This is our second year doing the garden and love it! It's a ton of work but nice to be able to freeze/can stuff for the whole year. Corey & Andy must be the same - Corey wants to make ours much bigger - and it's already huge! Good luck!!