Thursday, September 10, 2009

Happy Birthday Baby Girl


Emma turned 2...yes I said 2 on September 7th. I can't believe that she is already 2! We had a very nice family party on the 6th for her. We kept things pretty low key this year. I didn't really have a theme or anything. I was going to do a theme but there didn't really seem to be any out there that really fit Emma. Last year I came up with the idea of getting a special birthday book and then having all the guests sign in on it. I did this again this year, the book I chose was Barney and BJ Go To The Fire Station, since Emma loves Barney and fire trucks. I am hoping to make this a tradition for every birthday.

We made her cake again this year and it looked and tasted fabulous. The party plates that we got had a butterfly on them so I wanted to decorate they cake that way too. I made the cake (from a box) and Andrew decorated it. I couldn't believe how good he did! I was pretty impressed, especially since I practiced for about 30 minutes and still couldn't produce anything that looked like a butterfly. Jim brought over some baseball gloves, baseballs and a mini bat to play with. Emma and Payton had a blast playing and I think the big boys did too. We had Lou Malnati's for dinner (yummy) and then cake and Oberweis Birthday Cake ice cream (double yummy). Emma really seemed to enjoy having everyone sing Happy Birthday To You and she did great blowing out her candle. I was surprised that she wasn't as into tearing into her presents as I thought she would be, but she LOVED getting new toys to play with.


The Birthday Girl
Emma and Payton
(I bribed them with a cookie for this shot)
Little Baseball Player
Daddy and Emma
Our Family


Yeah!

Opening Presents


This is me at 2....I thought it looks a lot like Emma

3 comments:

Hobie88903 said...

Yes, it was a great party and a super week...glad we could come and share in all the fun!!

Gp Al

Anonymous said...

My baby girl has me crying...again!
I just love your two year old picture and how much you and Emma look alike.

Hugs for my girls!

Jaime, Mike, and Tyler said...

Awh! She looks like such a big girl these days! And she does look just like you in that picture! Too cute!