Saturday, August 29, 2009

Raspberry Picking

This morning we headed over to Honey Hill Orchards in Waterman to pick some raspberries. I was browsing their website a few weeks ago in anticipation of apple and pumpkin picking and saw that they also offer pick your own raspberries. This was the first day of the season that they had open to the public and although there are still a lot of berries that need to ripen there were plenty to choose from. We had a very cool day here (about 62 degrees) so we got all dressed up in our fall clothes and headed out. The ripe berries were very easy to pick and Emma ate more berries than she contributed to the bucket. Now I'm planning on making a raspberry pie!






3 comments:

Our family said...

OK, if YOU are making a raspberry pie I may have to try it even with my berry fear! Looks like you had a great time. I am looking forward to Honey Hill for apple picking and their yummy donuts:)

Hobie88903 said...

Looks like a tasty time. The pie sounds great, so I hope there is some left when we visit next week.

Unfortunately for me, raspberry picking brings back some "slave labor" memories from my childhood...picking was my daily job in the summer since we had a ton of bushes and my Mom canned lots of berries and jam. Ouch!!, I just got stuck with a thorn!

Gp Al

Anonymous said...

How fun! Can't wait to eat the pie in 3 days with my two girls.

Gaia kisses to A & E!