Yesterday, Sunday the 28th was the last day that I nursed Emma. I can't believe I made it to my 1 year goal of breastfeeding her. I'm so proud of both me and her for sticking with it for so long. Of course like anything, there were times I wanted to give up and say screw it, but I hung in there and I'm so glad I did. I really appreciate all the support Andrew gave me. I really couldn't have done it without him, especially in the beginning. He was my biggest fan and I can't thank him enough. I'm a little sad that she's big enough now not to need me anymore, but I know this is only the beginning of her not needing me. On the other hand I'm excited too because this means I'm not the milk factory anymore and I can wear a regular bra (yea!) and be gone all day, overnight and not have to worry about all the BFing stuff. Wohoo!!!
So now Emma is drinking whole milk, and like a champ! She really seems to like it and is getting much better at drinking out of a sippy cup. My baby girl is growing WAY too fast!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Wow! Go Alyssa! That takes a lot of dedication. And great job to Andrew for being supportive!! I might need some advice for #3... :) I just couldn't get past 6 months with my boys.
Lys, Andrew and Ms. E...congrats on your year of success and bonding!!!
Gp Al
Congrats on your milestone! Our bodies are so amazing! Emma will be healthier for having all that breast milk and it is a bond you will forever have with her.
Gaia kisses for you both!
That's so awesome Alyssa that you made that goal! It's one that I have too when my little guy gets here so I look at you as my "breast-feeding role model"! Congrats!
Post a Comment