
Yup, it's true....my very adorable nephew, Payton, is proudly spreading the word that Andrew and I are going to have a BABY! How freakin' cool is that! Our due date is September 30th, 2007 and currently I am 13 weeks along. I am feeling great and haven't had many pregnancy symptoms. So far we have seen our little one, but it was about 5 weeks ago during our first ultrasound at that time we got to hear its little heartbeat too, which was a very strong 164 bpm. At my last appointment (which Andrew couldn't attend) I got to hear the heartbeat again and it was a very strong 163 bpm.
We are really excited about our new adventure into parenthood and adding an addition to our family.
So along with that super exciting news, the house is coming along quickly as well. This week Andrew has taken off from work and is dedicated to getting the house completed for our rough mechanical inspection on Friday. Once the mechanicals are inspected we can then have the house insulated and drywalled. We are hoping to begin insulating on Monday April 2nd and then start drywalling on or around the 5th of April. I am still amazed everyday by how much knowledge about construction Andrew has in his little brain. It's amazing what this guy can do. The coolest part is he is doing it for us.
I actually got off my bum this past weekend and helped with some of the wiring, mostly the running of the phone and cable wire. Oh yeah and I pulled out the good 'ole labeler (thanks ma!) and went to town labeling the circuit breakers. Graham and Payton came over for a visit, so I showed them around while Andrew slaved away. Then I took Graham and Payton to our local hot dog shack and got us all lunch. Payton was such a big boy and took down almost all of his hot dog. I was impressed. Andrew was such a big boy too and took down 3, yes I said 3, hot dogs. I think he's eating for two :)
Today, I swept the 2nd floor and I think it took me about an hour and a half! And I have a blister because of it! About halfway through sweeping the master bedroom, I asked Andrew "why did we make this room so BIG?". I made us some really good sandwiches for lunch and read some baby books. It's a gorgeous spring day here today, it's about 77 and sunny, a little windy though.
That's all I've got for now. We'll keep you posted on BOTH of our projects!

3 comments:
Gaia is sooooo excited to have another grandbaby! I predict a "she" but we will see.... Congrats to Andrew for his multi-tasking skills... two projects at once!
Congrats guys!! We are really excited for you! Sounds like you missed out on the morning sickness bug, you lucky lady. We love to check out your site to see what's new.
Wee and Hobie:
How exciting for you and all of your family... adding a new addition, but not to the house. I liked how Payton helped with the announcement.
Wow, it seems like only a few days ago we looked at a vacant lot and now you are so close to moving in and getting a second bedroom ready for September.
Thanks for keeping us up-to-date with your blog postings on what is happening in your lives.
We are very proud and happy for you both.
Dad/Granpa Al
Post a Comment