Sunday, December 12, 2010

Big Girl Bedroom

Emma had outgrown her toddler bed some time ago and had been sleeping in our guest room in the big bed. So we decided it was time to upgrade her furniture. My original intention was to convert her crib into a full bed and she would use the matching dressers for years to come, but things didn't quite work out that way. First her crib got recalled, and the one that we found as a replacement was a similar color but wasn't an exact match. In addition to that the dresser that we used as her changing table and "main" dresser got pretty beat up. It was obvious that this furniture was not meant to last for 30 years, like I had hoped. So that brings us to Emma's new furniture, she loves it and we love it. We got her a new mattress and bedspread to go with it and everything looks great!







4 comments:

Hobie88903 said...

Wow, what a BIG bed! I know where I'm sleeping when I come to visit...

Gp Al

p.s. Great bedding colors to go with the room.

Our family said...

I LOVE the new furniture and the awesome quilt that matches perfectly!! Looks like you need to get some use out of that crib again I guess:)

Anonymous said...

Oh, Emma, I just love your new bed!! Maybe Santa will bring a king-sized one for Gaia's room in your house!!!
Love, Gaia

Our family said...

OK, seriously...I showed P Emma's new bed pictures and now HE wants a bigger bed and no more race car bed. Thanks a lot!!! LOL!