
We headed out again this year to
Honey Hill Orchards to pick some apples and pumpkins. Last year we had this beautiful day with sunny skies and high temps, this year was nothing like that. It was freaking cold, and rainy and cloudy, YUCK! But we made the most of it anyway. Emma really dug the horse they had there and the other animals as well, but mostly the horse. She even petted the horse, but when it came to giving it an apple she left that up to Dad. We took their tractor ride out to the pumpkin patch and picked out 4 pumpkins (one for Frank too!). Emma thought this was pretty cool and liked looking around at all the pumpkins. Then we headed over to the apple trees and started picking them. Once Emma got her hands on one apple she was pretty much focused on just eating it and didn't really care about getting any more. They had a nice selection of good apples to choose from, which was nice. We finished out the visit with apple cider donuts and hot apple cider....delish! With our apples I made carmel apples (super easy!) and apple crisp (super yummy) with Oberweis cinnamon ice cream. I love apples. We still have enough apples to make a pie, so if I get motivated enough to do that I will.





2 comments:
Looks like you had a fun, family outing!
I hope there are a few apples left for dessert when we see you in a couple of weeks.
GrP Al
Can't wait for some of that apple pie with Oberweis cinnamon on it! Won't be long now!
Love,
Gaia
Post a Comment