Andrew and Emma planned a very nice surprise Mother's Day for me. They let me sleep in (my favorite thing to do), then we went and looked at some bedroom furniture. We LOVE it but it's out of our price range so we're back to the drawing board. Then we headed down to the Brookfield Zoo. Once we got there (it was PACKED) we had a nice picnic lunch outside of the zoo. We weren't sure if you're allowed to bring in food so we just ate outside. On a side note, Emma had to go potty while we were eating lunch so I had her squat in the grass and go. I was so proud of her for going somewhere that wasn't a potty, since there's not always a potty with in running distance. We walked around the zoo for about 4 hours. I think Emma liked seeing all the animals, and I liked it too. Then we went to Red Robin for dinner, one of my favorite easy restaurants and finally ended up back at home just in time for bedtime for all three of us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Sounds like a great family day at the zoo!
Post a Comment