Friday, January 30, 2009

Florida 2009

Emma and I went to Florida to visit my parents for a week. We left New Years day out of Rockford. That's the first time I've flown out of there and it was great. The airport was nice and small, the drive wasn't much longer and best of all free parking. I think we'll be flying out of there much more in the future. Andrew didn't go with us this time and we both decided we won't do that again. We were trying to be conservative with his vacation time this year, but he really needed the vacation and we both missed him a lot!

While we were in Florida it was in the high 70's and low 80's everyday! It was awesome! We pretty much just relaxed and hung out with my parents. Emma went running with my dad every morning (she rode in the stroller). I went to yoga several times with my mom and we also walked most mornings. We also got to go to some of my favorite restaurants down there as well as a new-to-me greek restaurant. I had a falafel for the first time and it was AWESOME! I can't wait to go back. We also went to the beach one day and to the pool several times. We took Emma to the turtle farm but it I think she's still to young to understand what she was looking for. Next year she will be much more into it. My dad and I went on a bike ride to get some stone crab claws (they were on sale, almost half price!) and they were super yummy! Even better than regular crab legs.



Reading the safety card on the airplane

Graham, Kristy and Payton were there when we arrived but left after dinner

Ready for the beach!

(Thanks for the outfit Aunt Sarah!)

Toes in the water - it was pretty cool but the sun was warm

With Gaia and Granpa Al at the beach

She loved this chair...she even kicked me out of it :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We did have a great time!!! Can't wait to see you in Feb! Kisses for Miss E! Love, Gaia

Hobie88903 said...

We enjoyed a great time....come down anytime!!!

Gp Al