


Sorry I haven't updated this very much in the last month. Things have been a little crazy around here, but are finally starting to settle down before they just get crazy again! So here's a brief recap since July 23rd
-My parents flew in on Aug 2nd for what was supposed to be a week and a half visit for our baby shower on the 11th
-Aug 4th and 5th: Andrew and my dad painted the baby's room (they did a GREAT job)
-Aug 4th and 5th: Andrew and my dad painted the baby's room (they did a GREAT job)
-Mom was doing pretty good when she got here and progessively got worse until the 7th when she decided she needed to go to the hospital. Thank God she did because she had severe blood clots in all 5 lobes of her lungs as well as in her shoulder. She then spent a week in the hospital and the doctors told my parents they wouldn't be able to go back to Florida for 4-6 weeks.
-Aug 11th: The original baby shower hosted by my Mom and Kristy but we decided to push it off to the 18th because Mom was in the hospital. Also my Grandma and her two sisters were in town (originally for the shower) so I got to open some baby stuff....yeah!
-Aug 14th: Had my weekly OB appointment. Everything is still going well. At this appointment they also checked the baby's growth. She is still growing at a steady rate (about 2 weeks behind her due date) and they estimated her weight at 3lbs 14oz! She's gettting so big!
-Aug 18th: We had hired cleaning people to come clean the house because we were having the shower here. They were supposed to arrive between 730 and 8am to clean before the 11am shower. At 915 they still weren't here and we decided to start cleaning. Thank goodness we did because they ended up being a no show! The shower was very nice and itimate. Not as many people were able to make it because of the date change, but it was great to have my mom there.
-Aug 19th: I was woken up by my husband shaking me telling me to get up so we could put together the stuff we had gotten from our shower. He said it felt like Christmas morning. We got the swing, bouncer, high chair and pack n' play put together before I had to leave for a wedding shower for one of my friends. While I was at the shower Andrew put all of our goodies from the shower away.
-Aug 20th: Another OB appointment--everything went great except I gained 4lbs in the last week! Unfortunetly I don't think 3 of it is the baby :(
-Aug 20th-24th: At work we are getting a new computer aided dispatch (CAD) system and this entire past week I have been in training for it. This new system is COMPLETELY different from the one we currently use and is going to take A LOT of getting used to. Plus we are supposed to go live with it on Sept 5th, which means I get to work with it for 3-4 weeks and then we'll have the baby and I get 3 months to forget everything I learned! Yipee!
-Aug 25th- I know it hasn't happened yet, but we are having the Chudzick baby shower tomorrow hosted by Andrew's sister, Sarah. I can't wait for tomorrow!

1 comment:
We LOVE the cubs outfit! How adorable!! Hope you're feeling good.
Post a Comment